First Smart Home arrives in Jamaica – fully equipped with Loxone
What comes to mind when you think of Jamaica? Sunshine? Palm trees sighing in the breeze? The sound of steel drums filling the air? How about smart homes? Yes, that’s right, we’re delighted to say that Jamaica’s first smart home is here:
The Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS) launched the first Smart Home in Jamaica in late December. It’s located in Jamaica’s bustling tourism capital, Montega Bay. The cool thing about this smart home? It’s fully equipped with Loxone… there’s even an electric car charging point. Here’s a quick look at some of the features inside the house:
- Full light control with different light scenes and ambient lights
- Access control with the Loxone Intercom
- Full control of the air conditioning units
- Multiroom Audio with the Loxone Music Server
- Safety features including Loxone Smoke Detectors and Window / Door Contacts
- Intelligent car charging with our Wallbox
- Remote control and energy monitoring with the Loxone Apps
The home has been built by West Indies Home Contractors (WIHCON) and automated by Loxone Partner, G-Network Solutions. These smart homes, equipped with Loxone, will be offered all over Jamaica in 2017.
We’re always delighted to see our Partners bringing Autopilot Living to homes across the world, and it’s humbling to stop and think of the thousands of little green Miniservers making the journey around the world. From Coast to Coast in the US to the rolling green hills of Austria to the great valleys of New Zealand or the sunny climes of Jamaica, or wherever it may be. It certainly shows the growing demand for smarter, safer and more efficient homes across the world.