The Loxone Miniserver can be extended with the KNX Extension.
The Miniserver Gen.1 has a built-in KNX interface.
They can be used in a variety of situations, but there are three main scenarios in which you might make use of Loxone’s EIB support:
- EIB Sensors: Using EIB sensors in a classic Loxone installation rather than push-buttons.
- User Interface: Using Loxone to generate a user interface for an existing EIB installation.
- Logic: To complement existing EIB installations.
You can combine EIB with Loxone to benefit from the flexibility and power of the Miniserver. It is guaranteed to open up many more options for you.
The Loxone Miniserver Gen. 1 also has a full IP Gateway, which can be useful when programming directly on the network with ETS.
CONTENTS FOR EIB DOCUMENTATION
In these pages you will find our recommendations and guidelines for using EIB with Loxone.
- Basics: Description of the fundamental principles and main functions of an EIB/KNX connection
- User interface scenario: Using the Loxone Miniserver to create a user interface for your EIB/KNX installation
- EIB sensor scenario: Using EIB sensors in combination with the Loxone Miniserver
- Logic scenario: Get more out of your EIB/KNX installation logic with the Loxone Miniserver
Take a look at our sample configurations, some of which use KNX components.