Information on how to install and configure the RS232 Extension
- Connection via Loxone Link
- 1x RS232 Control Extension
- Adjustable baud rate
- Adjustable date format
- Adjustable protocol
- Configure with Loxone Config
- Power supply 24VDC
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 88 x 57 mm (2 TE)
- Power consumption approximately 30mA
- No hardware handshaking
- Protection: IP20
- Ambient temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Mount the RS232 Extension on the DIN rail
- Connect 24VDC power supply, but do not switch on until the whole installation is completed
(We recommend looping through the Miniserver)
- Connect the Loxone Link
- Connect the RS232 Extension to an RS232 device.
- Note: If it is the last extension, terminate the Loxone Link with a 120Ω resistor (Included with the Miniserver)
- Turn on the power supply
- After a few seconds, the left LED will flash green if the extension is already configured, or orange if not
SETTING UP A FRONIUS SOLAR INVERTER
The values from a Fronius Inverter can be read using Fronius’s RS232 Converter Box and Loxone’s RS232 Extension.
SELECT THE PROTOCOL
Auto-baud rate (2400, 4800, 9600, 14400, 19200), 8 data bits, 1 stop bit.
In order for the sensor values to be transmitted, you must select the ‘Fronius’ protocol.
CHANGE ID IN THE SETUP MENU
The inverter responds only to a value-request. These requests are saved in the actuators, therefore a pulse at the actuator writes the current value to the corresponding sensor.
In this request-command the inverter’s ID is included (which can be changed in the setup menu). By default, a request-command saves the ID 01.
The following measured values are sent with decimal places. The decimal places falsify the measured values to the power of 2 or 3 respectively:
2 Decimal Places:
Get Yield – DAY
Get Yield – YEAR
Get Yield – TOTAL
1 Decimal Place:
Get operating Hours – DAY
These sensor values can be corrected by the divider function block. Please note that the operating time is given in minutes.