Information on getting started with the DMX Extension
- 1x DMX-output (2-wire connection)
- Control up to 128 DMX lighting channels
- 2-wire bus for connecting to other devices
- DMX-512 protocol support
- Loxone Link for connecting to the Miniserver
- Compact housing for rail-mounts
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 88 x 57 mm (2 TE)
- Minimal power consumption
- Power requirements 24VDC
- Protection: IP20
- Ambient temperature: 0 to 50°C
Every dmx output can accommodate values between 0 and 100%. These values are rescaled to the range from 0 to 255.
- Mount DMX Extension on the DIN rail
- Connect 24VDC power supply, but do not switch on until the whole installation is completed
(We recommend looping power through the Miniserver)
- Connect to the Loxone Link
- Connect the DMX connector to a DMX control device
- Note: If it is the last extension, terminate the Loxone Link with a 120Ω resistor
(Included with the Miniserver)
- Turn on the power supply
- After a few seconds, the left LED will flash green if the DMX Extension is already configured, or orange if not
Click here for documentation on setting up a PWM Dimmer
GENERAL NOTES ON WIRING
- Use Cat5e cable, though depending on the installation conditions shielded Cat5e cable should be used on longer cable runs (in excess of 50 metres)
- The cable must not be longer than 500 metres
- The DMX cable must go from receiver to receiver (daisy chained i.e. bus topology)
- The Loxone Link must be terminated with a 120Ω resistor
INSERT A DMX ACTUATOR
Add a DMX actuator found in the Periphery tab. Depending on what DMX device you have will effect your choice of type of actuator. If you are controlling RGB tape or lights using a DMX driver then choose ‘DMX RGB actuator’. If you are using single colour strips then add ‘DMX actuator’.
DMX CHANNEL ADJUSTMENT
Adding DMX actuators will automatically assign channels, so for example if you add two DMX RGB actuators the first one will be channel 1 and the second will be channel 4.
To reassign the DMX channel go to the appropriate (DMX actuator / DMX RGB actuator) ‘Properties’ window, and enter your selection. Then save the program in the Miniserver.
ADDING OTHER DMX DEVICES
For details on how to insert the Loxone RGBW 24V DIMMER DMX, please refer to RGBW 24v Dimmer DMX.
If you are not using a Loxone DMX device, then please refer to PWM Dimmer.
FIND OUT MORE