Audioserver Update: Important info for users of Huawei routers
The latest firmware update to Audioserver is now available to download. This update will not be initiated automatically due to known issues with Huawei routers.
Version 2.7.01.10 of the Audioserver firmware is now available to download. This update will be made available from the Loxone app and web interface from 7 February 2022. We recommend this update for all users. This latest update includes a host of fixes and improvements to the powerful Audioserver. To view the complete list of what is included, you can refer to the changelog at the bottom of this blog.
For those who have a Huawei router in the installation: an update to the router itself may be necessary before installing the Audioserver update. If you’re not using a Huawei router, you can install the update straightway to benefit from the improved functionality.
Important information for those with Huawei routers
At the beginning of December, we released an Audioserver update (2.6.12.03). However, due to feedback about network failures in connection with certain Huawei routers, we deactivated the automatic update.
We were able to trace the problem back to the use of the PTP network protocol (Precision Time Protocol), which, due to a bug in the Huawei router firmware, leads to a reboot loop on certain models and thus to a network failure.
The following Huawei routers are affected:
We are in contact with Huawei and the distributing network providers and have been able to work out a solution to the problem: If you are using one of these Huawei routers in your installation, please check the router’s contact page to see if a new update is available. If no update is available, please contact Huawei’s customer service or your network operator.
You can reach Huawei’s support team through the following methods:
- Live Chat (24h): https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/contact-us/
- Email Support: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/contact-us/email-us/
- Phone: 0800 088 6700
Please give them your device’s serial number and firmware version number and ask for an update to the latest firmware version. A software update will then be made available to you for download, which will solve the problem. Afterwards, you can also install the Audioserver update without any issues.
Technical Changelog Audioserver 2.7.01.10
- Volmode & fixed Volume from Loxone Config
- Mastervolume scaling when starting at 0
- apply offset volume before maxvolume
- missing EOS signal to other AS
- spdif fixed volume control
- Maxvolume clipping at max, not scaling anymore
- handle Spotify error ‘bad gateway’ and notify
- suppress events if player is playing and event Volume param is 0
- audio/X/stop causing other players in autogroup stopping too
- fix appending to queue causing wrong playback in stacked AS environments
- correct urlencode output to app for getroomfavs
- overall communication stability improved
Interested in Loxone?
Whether you want Loxone installed or you want to start offering your customers Loxone, speak to us about making that happen.
Speak to an Expert
Speak to our Automation Experts about your project (whether it’s a renovation, extension or self-build) and they can share ideas and offer advice on what’s possible.
Become a Loxone Installer
Offer your customers a complete automation solution with intuitive control – suitable for smart homes, commercial premises and custom applications.