- Connected via Loxone Link
- 1 x Modbus RTU interface
- Adjustable baud rate
- Adjustable parity
- Supports 16 and 32 bit data types
- Configured via Loxone Config
- Compact design for DIN rail mounting
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 88 x 57 mm (T2)
- Power consumption approximately 30mA
- Power supply via 24VDC adapter
- Protection: IP20
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Minimum polling cycle of 100ms
- Maximum 32 devices per Modbus Extension
- Maximum 253 sensors per Modbus Extension
- Mount the Modbus Extension on the DIN rail.
- Connect 24VDC power supply, but do not switch on until the whole installation is completed (We recommend looping through the Miniserver)
- Connect to the Loxone Link
- Note: If it is the last extension, terminate the Loxone Link with a 120Ω resistor
(Included with the Miniserver)
- Connect the Modbus Extension to a Modbus device.
- Turn on the power supply
- After a few seconds, the left LED will flash green if the extension is already configured, or orange if not
EXTENSIONS ARE CONNECTED TO THE MINISERVER WITH LOXONE LINK
To add one or more extensions to the program the simplest way is to connect up the extensions to the Miniserver using the Loxone Link and looping power. Then do a search in Loxone Config by pressing the button “Peripheral Search”, which will bring all the connected extensions. You can highlight a single extension, give it a name and then click Create device which will add in the highlighted extension. Or you can click on Create all devices which will add all the connected extensions in to the program with the correct serial numbers.
If you have installed several extensions of the same type and cannot identify which one is which (for example 2 DMX extensions) then you can use the software to identify a device. Simply click on the device in the periphery tree and the extension will flash red, green and yellow very quickly so you can identify it.
EXTENSIONS ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE MINISERVER
If there is no physical extensions connected to the Miniserver they cannot be found in the search. However you can add the extensions to the program so you can configure a system before installing. In the configuration software, connect to your Miniserver and download the existing configuration (if there is one) from the Miniserver.
Select the ‘Devices’ drop-down menu on the Periphery tab and select the required extension, then fill in the serial number in the properties.
If an extension has been replaced you need to add the serial number in the properties. Click on the extension in the periphery tree. Enter the serial number of the extension in the properties section.
The serial number is on the back of your extension. You can find the number just below the barcode (see picture).
An Extension can also be replaced in the Peripheral Search.
Mount the new Extension and run the Peripheral Search. Highlight the Extension (not used) and choose the device you would like to replace in the drop-down menu.
Finally press “OK” and save your program into the Miniserver. The Extension has now been replaced.
FIND OUT MORE
Installation and Quick Connection Guide (pdf)
Read our online documentation for ‘Communication with Modbus’
Extension EG Declaration of Conformity (pdf)
RoHS Declaration of Conformity (pdf)