Information on how to setup your Smoke Detector Air.
- Operating voltage: 9 VDC battery
- Detection principle: Tyndall effect
- Loxone Air compatible
- Frequency: 868 MHz (SRD band Europe), 915 MHz (ISM band region 2)
- Alarm display: Optical (Red LED and audible beep)
- Operating temperature: -10°C to +60°C
- Humidity: Maximum 93% RH
- Maximum area of monitoring: 60m² to 6m high
- Maximum air velocity: 20 m/s
- Sensitivity: 0.15 dB/m
- Protection: IP40
- Dimensions: (H x Ø): 56 mm including base x 110 mm
- Tested according to EN14604
- Mount on the ceiling
- Mount in the centre of the room for optimum detection ability
- Minimum distance of 50 cm from walls, lamps and mains cables
The following places are not appropriate for mounting:
- Rooms that typically have high humidity (e.g. kitchen, bathroom, toilets)
- Near fireplaces or woodburners
- In rooms that have temperatures lower than -10 °C or higher than +60 °C.
- Near ventilation shafts
- In narrow corners
Wall plugs and screws for mounting are included.
SETUP IN LOXONE CONFIG
The Smoke Detector Air will be in the learn mode after the battery has been inserted. It will remain in the learn mode until either the Smoke Detector Air has been successfully paired, or if 10 minutes have passed.
If you need to learn the Smoke Detector Air again, for example with another Air Base, the learning mode can be started manually easily. To do this press the learn button for 5 seconds, this will put the detector back in the learn mode.
OPERATING AND ALARM SIGNALS
|Function / behaviour||Sound signal||Red LED signal|
|Normal operation||No sound||Flashes every 40 seconds|
|Alarm status||Loud beep at 0.5 second intervals||2 flashes every second|
|Fault/pollution||3 short beeps every 40 seconds||LED off|
|Low battery||One short beep every 40 seconds||Flashes every 40 seconds with beeps|
|Alarm silenced||No sound||Flashes every 10 seconds|
|Alarm memory active, i.e. detector has been triggered in the last 24 hours||No sound||Flashes every 43 seconds 3 times|
|Functionality test||No sound||2 flashes every second until test button pressed|
- Check the flue inlet openings for coarse dirt, and the detector for signs of mechanical damage.
Functionality test by pressing the test button:
- (Successful functionality test) if you hear a beep – the detector works correctly!
- No beep – the detector is not functional.
In case of accidental triggering, the alarm can be silenced by pressing the test button. After 10 minutes the detector will return to normal operation.
To replace the battery, remove the device from the ceiling and on the back of the Smoke Detector Air is a 9V battery installed these simply pop out and your replace and insert a new battery.