RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES FOR A STRONG PASSWORD
- No default passwords. This includes any that come preset upon the delivery of your system.
- No names, dates or other words that are associated with you (Birth date, pet name, etc.)
- Do not use simple words.
- At least 8 characters long, the longer the better.
- Includes upper and lower case letters
- Includes numbers and special characters (!”£$%^&*( )
EXAMPLES OF SECURE PASSWORDS
There are many different online tools that assist with generating secure passwords. Our example passwords consist of letters, special characters and numbers. These letters, numbers and other characters will not form any meaningful word, but you will be able to read them easily – this makes it easy to remember the password. We advise against using any of the below passwords.
Passwords such as “admin”, “password”, “qwerty123456” etc. would be examples of insecure passwords and should not be used.
CHANGE PASSWORD – LOXONE SMARTHOME APP
To change your password using the Loxone Smart Home app, please follow these steps:
- Connect to your Miniserver and open the Navigation menu by pressing the icon in the top left corner.
- Select the gear icon next to your Miniserver
- In this overview menu, select “Settings”
- Scroll down to where you see the “Current User” heading.
- Click on the name of the current user.
- If this doesn’t appear, changing the password via the app has been disabled by your Loxone Partner. Please contact your Loxone Partner to change your password.
- Enter your current password for verification.
- You can now change the password.
Alternatively, administrators can customise other users’ passwords. To find out how to, see the section below.
CHANGE PASSWORD – AS AN ADMINISTRATOR
For information on how to customise passwords and permissions using Loxone Config, as well as general user management, please see our page on Users and Groups.
In order to change the password of another user via the Loxone Smart Home App as an administrator, navigate to the ‘User Administration’ section in the Miniserver settings and select the desired user from the list. If the ‘User Management’ option is not available, this function has been disabled for your user account. Therefore, perform the user management in Loxone Config or contact your Administrator/Loxone Partner