- Control up to 128 DMX channels
- DMX-512 protocol support
- Loxone Link for connecting to the Miniserver
- Compact housing for rail-mounts
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 88 x 57 mm (2 TE)
- Minimal power consumption
- Power requirements 24VDC
- Protection: IP20
- Ambient temperature: 0 to 50°C
Every DMX output can accommodate values between 0 and 100%. These values are rescaled to the range from 0 to 255.
- Mount DMX Extension on the DIN rail
- Connect 24VDC power supply, but do not switch on until the whole installation is completed
(We recommend looping power through the Miniserver)
- Connect to the Loxone Link
- Connect the DMX connector to a DMX control device
- Note: If it is the last extension, terminate the Loxone Link with a 120Ω resistor
(Included with the Miniserver)
- Turn on the power supply
- After a few seconds, the left LED will flash green if the DMX Extension is already configured, or orange if not
Click here for documentation on setting up a PWM Dimmer
- Use CAT7 cable for the DMX BUS. The protection that CAT7 offers provide ample shielding from any interference and will provide you with the best connection possible.
- The cable must not be longer than 500 metres
- The DMX cable must go from receiver to receiver (daisy chained i.e. bus topology)
- The Loxone Link must be terminated with a 120Ω resistor
- It is crucial that you do not power up a DMX extension with only the Loxone Link connector in. This was cause damage to the link chip and render the device damaged and unusable.
Once your DMX Extension has been set up, you can then move onto the next step: Setting up DMX devices.
FIND OUT MORE