ACCESSING THE ADMIN INTERFACE
- Start your web browser
- In the address bar enter [Miniserver’s IP Address]/admin
- Login with your username and password (default username: admin, password: admin)
On the homepage you’ll find all the most important information about your Miniserver – the serial number, firmware version etc.
The settings page allows you change the name of the Miniserver, update your location and edit the network configuration.
This field allows you to edit the name of your Miniserver. This name will show on the user interface home page. Using the device name you can access your Loxone Miniserver provided Netbios over TCP is installed on your computer. Maximum 16 characters.
This section allows you to set the time zone of the installation. This is important so that the Miniserver can get the correct time from the Internet, so that schedules all reflect the actual time on the user interface.
If you are not connected to the Internet then you can click ‘Use local time’ which will update the Miniserver with the time on your computer.
BASIC LAN SETTINGS
There are several fields in LAN settings, basic and advanced LAN settings. Below are described the basic settings and why you would want to edit them:
Automatically obtain an IPaddress:
- Description: You can either obtain an IP address automatically from your router or you can set an IP address manually using the rest of the basic fields.
- Reason to edit: So the customer doesn’t have to keep searching for the Miniserver in the app every time the router gives it a new IP address. Also to set up remote access you have to set the Miniserver to a static IP address.
- Description: Manually set the IP address of your Miniserver. The first 3 parts of the address must match those of the router’s address.
- Reason to edit: Choose the last part of the address to be a number that is not already assigned to another device statically and that is memorable.
- Description: This defines which parts of the IP address should be the same as the router’s address.
- Reason to edit: This should be 255.255.255.0.
IP Gateway Address:
- Description: Router address.
- Reason to edit: Enter the router’s IP address. If you don’t know this you can find it using the command prompt.
MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit):
- Description: If you experience problems at the router or gateway while trying to communicate to the Internet, this field can be edited.
- Reason to edit: Advanced field, only fill out if necessary.
- Description: Primary DNS server IP address.
- Reason to edit: We advise using the Google public DNS servers when manually setting the IP address of your Miniserver to static. DNS servers are needed for the caller and mailer services to work properly. This is 184.108.40.206 for DNS1.
- Description: Secondary DNS server IP address.
- Reason to edit: This is 220.127.116.11 for DNS2.
ADVANCED LAN SETTINGS
The advanced LAN settings allow you to change the ports that the Miniserver can be reached on.
The first is the HTTP port. This is by default 80, but can be changed. You would want to change this port to improve the security of the user interface. If your router cannot do port direction then you will need to change the port from 80 to a different port such as 7777.
Once you change the HTTP port you need to put it after the IP address of the Miniserver to access the webinterface. For example http://192.168.1.100:7777
The second is the FTP port. By default this is 21, if you wish to change it to another port then you can change it here. You can also restrict access to the Miniserver so it is only available locally.
You can define different time and log server addresses if you wish too.