Information on how to install and configure your Loxone Modbus Extension
- 1 x Modbus interface
- Adjustable baud rate
- Adjustable parity
- Compact design for DIN rail mounting
- Dimensions: 34 x 85 x 49mm (T2)
- Power consumption approximately 30mA
- Power supply via 24VDC adapter
- Protection: IP20
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Connected via Loxone Link
- Mount the Modbus Extension on the DIN rail.
- Connect 24VDC power supply, but do not switch on until the whole installation is completed
(We recommend looping through the Miniserver)
- Connect to the Loxone Link
- Note: If it is the last extension, terminate the Loxone Link with a 120Ω resistor
(Included with the Miniserver)
- Connect the Modbus Extension to a Modbus device.
- Turn on the power supply
- After a few seconds, the left LED will flash green if the extension is already configured, or orange if not
Extensions are connected to the Miniserver with Loxone Link
To add one or more extensions to the program the simplest way is to connect up the extensions to the Miniserver using the Loxone Link and looping power. Then do a search in Loxone Config, which will bring up the Miniserver and all the connected extensions. You can highlight a single extension, give it a name and then click Create device which will add in the highlighted extension. Or you can click on Create all devices which will add all the connected extensions in to the program with the correct serial numbers.
Extensions are not connected to the Miniserver
If there is no physical extensions connected to the Miniserver they cannot be found in the search. However you can add the extensions to the program so you can configure a system before installing. In the configuration software, connect to your Miniserver and download the existing configuration (if there is one) from the Miniserver. Select the 'Devices' drop-down menu on the Periphery tab and select the required extension, then fill in the serial number in the properties.
Entering a serial number
If you are manually adding devices before the Miniserver install has been done, or if an extension has been replaced you need to add the serial number in the properties. Click on the extension in the periphery tree. Enter the serial number of the extension in the properties section.
The serial number is on the back of your extension. You can find the number just below the barcode (see picture).
Save the configuration in the Minisever
After entering your extension's serial number, click on the Miniserver tab and select 'Save in Miniserver'. The controller reboots and after about 10 seconds, both status LEDs on the extension will turn green.
If you have installed several extensions of the same type and cannot identify which one is which (for example 2 DMX extensions) then you can use the software to identify a device. Simply click on the device in the periphery tree and the extension will flash red, green and yellow very quickly so you can identify it.
Find out more