Information on how to install and configure your Loxone Extension
- Mount the Extension on the DIN rail
- Connect 24VDC power supply, but do not switch on until the whole installation is completed
(we recommend looping power through the Miniserver)
- Connect the inputs and outputs
- Connect the Loxone Link
- Note: If this is the last extension, terminate the Loxone Link with a 120Ω resistor (included with the Miniserver)
- Turn on the power supply
- After a few seconds, the left LED will flash green if the Extension is already configured, orange if not
EXTENSIONS ARE CONNECTED TO THE MINISERVER WITH LOXONE LINK
To add one or more extensions to the program the simplest way is to connect up the extensions to the Miniserver using the Loxone Link and looping power. Then do a search in Loxone Config by pressing the button "Peripheral Search", which will bring all the connected extensions. You can highlight a single extension, give it a name and then click Create device which will add in the highlighted extension. Or you can click on Create all devices which will add all the connected extensions in to the program with the correct serial numbers.
Save the configuration in the Minisever
After entering your extension's serial number, click on the Miniserver tab and select 'Save in Miniserver'. The controller reboots and after about 10 seconds, both status LEDs on the extension will turn green.
If you have installed several extensions of the same type and cannot identify which one is which (for example 2 DMX extensions) then you can use the software to identify a device. Simply click on the device in the periphery tree and the extension will flash red, green and yellow very quickly so you can identify it.