How to setup your tree extension
- Technical data
- General Information on Loxone tree technology
- 2 Tree branches per extension
- Up to 50 Tree devices per branch
- Wiring length: max 500m per branch
- Configuration via Loxone Config
- Following Loxone Link
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 88 x 57 mm (2 TE)
- Two status LEDs (two colors)
- Power supply 24VDC
- Power consumption 115mA
- Protection: IP20
- Ambient temperature: 0 ... + 55 ° C
- Cable diameter: 0,25-0,8mm²
- Stripped cable length 5mm
- Tree Extension mounted on DIN rail
- Do not work live, make all connections before connecting 24V DC
- Connect Loxone link
- Attention: The last Loxone link device must have a 120 Ω resistor across the terminals (included with the Miniserver)
- Ensure correct voltage used.
- Blink states of the status LED:
The LED flashes green after a few seconds if the Air Base extension is already configured, orange if not.
The LED flashing red if there is no connection on the Loxone Link to Miniserver. In this case, please check the link wiring.
To insert one or more extension select the miniserver in the periphary tree of Config Software and then click "Search periphery". This will search the Loxone link for all conencted extensions. To enter a single extensions, select the specific device, enter a name for it and the click "create device". Clicking "add all devices" will add all extensions to the config. It is possible to replace devices using the "replace device" button.
If you have installed several extensions of the same type and cannot identify which one is which (for example 2 DMX extensions) then you can use the software to identify a device. Simply click on the device in the periphery tree and the extension will flash red, green and yellow very quickly so you can identify it.
Extensions not connected
If there is no physical extensions connected to the Miniserver they cannot be found in the search. However you can add the extensions to the program so you can configure a system before installing. In the configuration software, connect to your Miniserver and download the existing configuration (if there is one) from the Miniserver.
Select the 'Devices' drop-down menu on the Periphery tab and select the required extension, then fill in the serial number in the properties.
The serial number is on the back of your extension. You can find the number just below the barcode (see picture).
An Extension can also be replaced in the Peripheral Search.
Mount the new Extension and run the Peripheral Search. Highlight the Extension (not used) and choose the device you would like to replace in the drop-down menu.
Finally press "OK" and save your program into the Miniserver. The Extension has now been replaced.