Door & Window Contact Air
Setup guide for the Door & Window Contact Air
- Power supply: 1x CR2032 Lithium Battery
- Loxone Air compatible
- Frequency: 868MHz (SRD Band Europe), 915MHz (ISM Band Region 2)
- Expected battery life: 2 Years
- Operating temperature: 0-55°C
- IP Rating: IP20
- Self-adhesive magnetic contact
Mounting the Door & Window contact on metallic surfaces may cause interference with radio communications. This can lead to a significant reduction in range.
In order for the Loxone Door & Window Contact Air to be learnt-in, it first needs to be place into learning mode.
When the battery is inserted for the first time, the learning mode will automatically start for 10 minutes. The learning mode is then turned off when:
- The Loxone Door and Window Contact Air has been suvvessfully connected to the Miniserver
- 10 minutes has expired
If you would like to activate the learning in mode manually, you can do so by pressing the learn button for at least 5 seconds. The Loxone Door & Window Conact Air is now back in learn mode.
The learn button is located on the top of the sensor.
Now select the specific device, enter a name, assign a room and click 'Create Device'.
The deivce will now be listed in the periphery tree.
The following are available in the programming:
- Contact Input
- Input I1 (= Learning Button)
In the properties, in addition to the diagnostic inputs, the following inputs are also available:.
- Online status of the sensor
- 1 analogue input: Battery level in percent (0-100%)
- Alarm Low Battery: This input is activated when the battery level is below 15%. (This message will automatically be sent via the error mailer, even if this input is not displayed)
The self-adhesive magnetic contact must be placed so that it sits laterally with the Loxone Door & Window Contact Air. The magnet must be in line with the green tag to make contact.
Replacing the device
If the device needs to be replaced, this can be easily be done through the 'Add Air Device' feature in Loxone Config.
- Install the new device and power it up
- Start a search for Air devices that are in learning mode (see setup)
- Select the device that you want to learn in as the replacement
- Select the device from the drop down menu that you wish to replace and click 'Replace Device'
Be sure to then save these Config settings to the Miniserver.
More on the subject